Just a quick post to advise potential students that we’ve supplemented the course Streaming Media 101 : Technical Onboarding for Streaming Media Professionals with five new Mac-based lessons, which are:
- Installing and using MediaInfo for the Mac
- Installing and using MP4 Bitrate Viewer
- Installing and using Apple’s Advanced Video Quality Tool (AVQT) (Also added to our course on video metrics)
- Installing and Using HandBrake (and Analyzing the Files in MediaInfo)
- Creating and Running FFmpeg Scripts on the Mac (and testing file quality in AVQT)(also added to our FFmpeg course)
To explain, exercises in the course teach students useful workflows and habits like checking file details in MediaInfo or Bitrate Viewer, or skills like producing test files in FFmpeg or Handbrake. Most exercises were Windows-based. One large customer mentioned that several employees in their studios ran Macs, so we created these lessons for them, and more are coming. If you’re a Mac-based streaming professional and are looking to get up to speed on streaming concepts, technologies, and workflows, Streaming Media 101 is now an even better choice.
We’re committing to serving the needs of our students no matter what operating systems that they run and delivering the best possible training experience for new streaming media professionals.