I’m pleased to announce the availability of our new course, Live Streaming Bootcamp, which costs $99.95 but is available at a 50% discount through September 30, 2021. See details below.
Let’s face it, many of us have been placed in front of or behind a camera or webcam over the last year or so and left to sink or swim with minimal or no training. This course provides that training.
Specifically, it’s designed to help those new to streaming and live production understand the technologies involved and the techniques that help deliver professional quality audio and video. There are five major sections.
1. Technology Fundamentals – streaming basics, choosing a live streaming service provider.
2. Choosing your gear – Choosing a camera, microphone, capture device, video mixer, lighting gear, and encoder.
3. Production skills – setting up your lights, white balancing, setting exposure on a DSLR and camcorder, connecting microphones and sound boards, framing your subject and other camera skills.
4. Using video mixers – what a video mixer is, how they work, tutorials for the ATEM Mini Pro, Wirecast, Vmix, and OBS.
5. Connecting to social media and other services – checking bandwidth, streaming to Facebook, YouTube Live, and what redundancy is, why you need it, and how to get it.
For a preview of some of the topics, you can take the free lessons available here, or watch this John Porterfield-produced video in which I present six ways to improve the quality of your live events.
The video discusses a two-page cheatsheet I put together for webinars that I was producing, which you can download here. You can download the presentation that I used during the video here.
Finally, you can buy the course for 50% off through 9/30/2021 by:
1. Navigate to the course (bit.ly/live_bootcamp)
2. Click Buy, and create an account if necessary
3. The payment page will ask: have a coupon?
4. Click have a coupon and insert the coupon code jp_live and click apply
5. Pay the balance.