The webinar is over; thanks to all who registered and attended. You can watch the recorded version by registering using the Register Now button. The handout is available here.
Description: This free webinar teaches streaming media novices how to produce high-quality H.264 output delivered via efficient encoding ladders that optimize quality, compatibility, and bitrate efficiency. The webinar will also introduce the concept of per-title encoding and discuss implementation options.
What you will learn:
- What H.264 is and where it plays
- Compatibility-related H.264 configuration options and how they impact quality and encoding cost (profile, level, entropy coding)
- H.264 configuration options that control quality (preset) and how this impacts quality and encoding cost
- How to use x264’s Constant Rate Factor Encoding (CRF) and Netflix’s VMAF quality metric to identify the optimal bitrate for all rungs in your encoding ladder
- How to create a single encoding ladder for all target viewers (and the trade-offs this entails)
- What per-title encoding is, why it matters, and implementation options
Who should attend:
- Encoding newbies who need to learn the basics of H.264 encoding
- More experienced encoding professionals seeking to make their encoding ladders as efficient and compatible as possible
Owner, Streaming Learning Center
Author: Video Encoding by the Numbers: Eliminate the Guesswork from your Streaming Video