I’m exceptionally pleased to return to in-person teaching at Streaming Media East, which will be held on May 24–25, 2022, at the Westin Copley Place in Boston, MA. I’ll be producing two 3-hour workshops on May 23, the Monday before the event, and presenting and/or moderating three sessions during the event. As usual, each one is designed to give you information and skills you can put to use as soon as you get back from the event.
One session is entitled Best Strategies for Reducing Bandwidth & Storage Costs (May 24, 3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT). I’ll cover four ways to reduce bandwidth and storage costs:
- Trim the fat from your existing ladder
- Adapting per-title encoding
- Deploying a more efficient implementation of your current codec, and
- Deploying a new codec.
If you have any experience with any of these and care to share:
- What you did (e.g. adopted per-title)
- How it worked out savings-wise (e.g. ~ 20% bandwidth savings)
- What the technical challenges were (or weren’t)
Please send me an email at [email protected] and we can arrange a call. I’d be glad to share the details anonymously if you don’t want me to identify your company or affiliation.
In addition to presenting your experience during the session, I’ll write up the session for an article either in Streaming Media Magazine or here on the Streaming Learning Center.