I’m pleased to announce my new video compression course on Udemy entitled Video Compression for Web, Disc and PC/TV/Console Playback. The course will help those new to compression get up to speed quickly, and will serve as a valuable resource for novice to intermediate users seeking to optimize their encoding quality and workflows. You can see a video describing the course below.
The course includes 42 lessons and over 7 hours of video training, consisting of both PowerPoint presentations and software instruction, in six sections.
– Terms and Terminology – covers definitions and fundamentals.
– Codecs – describes how codecs work, details the most important H.264 configuration options and how to work with x264.
– Encoding recipes – provides specific encoding direction for encoding for upload to UGC/OVP sites, encoding for mobile and computer/smart TV/console playback, encoding for streaming, and encoding for DVD, Blu-ray and iBooks Author.
– Encoding specific training – details how to get the best results from Apple Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze, Telestream Episode and HandBrake.
– Web distribution – exploring distribution options like user generated content (UGC) and online video platform (OVP) sites, plus distributing your own content to mobile and desktop viewers via HTML5.
– Optimizing your audio/video source materials – Color and brightness correction in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro 7 & X, plus audio cleanup in Audition, FCPX and iZotope RX3.
There are also 17 quizzes to test comprehension and retention.
The course retails for $59. As an introductory special, you can buy the course for $15 by clicking this link, or using the coupon code Maillist_coupon. This offer expires on March 19, 2014.