The on-demand version of this webinar is available immediately below. The description of the webinar is beneath the video window, as is a link to the handout.
Adaptive Streaming Webinar ENCORE!
Adaptive streaming is the best technique for delivering video to viewers watching on a diverse range of platforms and connections. But implementing adaptive streaming has traditionally been complicated and expensive. Not any more.
In this webinar, you'll learn how to deliver to desktops and mobile devices using Apple's HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for a total investment of under $1,000, far less, if you already own the necessary encoder. And if you can embed a YouTube video in a web page, you have the technical expertise necessary to make this happen.
Specifically, in this free webinar, you will learn:
- What adaptive streaming is and why it's the preferred approach.
- What HLS is and what you need to implement it.
- how to produce HLS streams with Sorenson Squeeze, Apple Compressor and other tools
- How the JW Player enables desktop computers with Flash installed to play back HLS streams.
- How to configure and deploy the JW Player via simple embedding controls in your own web pages.
Jan Ozer, owner of the Streaming Learning Center blog, and author of Producing Streaming Video for Multiple Screen Delivery, will present the webinar, with Jeroen Wijering of JW Player and a representative from Sorenson Media available to answer any technical questions.