I’m teaching two boot camps (virtually) at Streaming Media West, one for VOD and the other for live streaming; each costs $199. The courses are designed for newbies who need to get up to speed quickly on these topics.
Here’s the information for both.
W1. Streaming Media Bootcamp, Part 1: Encoding, Packaging, And Delivery For VOD
Monday, October 5: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (PT) / 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (ET)
This 6-hour course held over two days is designed to provide the necessary technical background for in-house professionals who are new to streaming media and to teach critical skills for on-demand and live streaming. Attendees can register for both parts or just one, depending on their needs. The first session starts with a review of fundamental video and streaming concepts and then covers encoding for on-demand delivery (VOD), including the following topics:
- DIY vs. OVP (online video platform)
- Choosing a streaming encoder (on-prem vs. cloud, build vs. buy)
- Choosing an ABR technology (HLS, DASH, CMAF)
- Creating an encoding ladder
- Choosing and using digital rights management
- Encoding for delivery to an encoding service or OVP
- Uploading to an OVP and embedding the page
Here’s the second.
W3. Streaming Media Bootcamp, Part 2: Encoding, Packaging, And Delivery For Live Streaming
Tuesday, October 6: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (PT) / 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (ET)
The live streaming component of Streaming Media Bootcamp covers the knowledge and skills necessary to produce live events and optimize audio and video quality for those who are on webcam or camera within your organization:
- Categories of live service providers (webinar, conferencing, live streaming services), and how to choose the best one for your needs
- Choosing and using a camera for live streaming
- Choosing and using a microphone for live streaming
- Looking good on camera (positioning, lighting)
- Choosing a streaming encoding tool
- Encoding for live delivery
- Connecting to a live streaming service provider
- Embedding the live stream into a webpage and delivering to social media platforms
Click here to register for either or both courses.