Just finished a four-part series on converting DVD-based content for H.264-based adaptive streaming, and you can read all four parts on OnlineVideo.net. Technical issues that I covered included:
- The best technique for ripping the video from the DVDs
- The best editor for assembling the various VOB files for streaming encoding
- Pre-encoding filtering and deinterlacing
- Choosing parameters for adaptive streaming
- Encoding for adaptive streaming
If you need to convert DVD-based content to single file or adaptive streaming files, you’ll find the article helpful.